Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekly Wishlist: Printed Shorts

I knew I was officially a grown up when I made the transition from dressing casual all week and dressing up to go out on weekends to dressing up for work all week and wanting to wear jeans and tshirts on the weekends. But what does a girl wear when it gets too hot for jeans and all her dresses are dirty?
This summer I discovered shorts. In the past few months, I have purchased 4 pairs of shorts and seriously talked myself out of about a dozen more. I think I'm going to allow myself one more pair, preferably printed!


image via forever21.com

Did y'all know the 90s are coming back? Neon, giant floral prints, a new No Doubt album. Now all I need is a beanie baby and some gel pens. These shorts look like they walked off the set of the Babysitters' Club Movie, and I love them for it. 


image via oldnavy.com
I tried on these shorts in Old Navy on Friday. They were so soft and comfortable. I carried them around for about 15 minutes before putting them back, and now I'm kicking myself for it! They're available in a ton of cute prints. This mustard polka dot color is my favorite, but whatever would I wear with them? Maybe I'll snag a pair when I use my supercash coupon later this month.


image via nantucketbrand.com
These shorts remind me of my favorite swimsuit. It's a green and white seersucker top with a white skirted bottom. It is abut 6 years old and quite literally falling apart, but I refuse to part with it. Can you get any more quintessential New England Summer than seersucker? Now I just need something with whales on it and some boat shoes...


How do you feel about shorts? Any pairs you've got your eye on? 




12 comments:

  1. I think printed shorts are great for you! You have such nice legs so show them off! I personally like the printed Old Navy shorts. They are so different and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing those Old Navy shorts too! I love the mustard ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Old Navy dotted shorts - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the printed shorts. I think they are so fun for summer. I love shorts. I have been slowly growing my shorts collection!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE printed shorts! They are just so fun and I love wearing shorts in the summer, so it's perfect.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the patterned short trend this summer... those polka-dot ones are too precious!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also a bit of a "late-comer" to shorts....just started wearing them this year even though I wear dresses and skirts all the time. The Gap has some great printed shorts this season and I managed to snag a few on sale too!

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started wearing shorts this summer and I'm loving all prints and colors that are available. Those mustard shorts are too cute! Now I want them too, haha.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a fun post to read! I laughed all through the first paragraph, isn't it funny how that goes? (And hurray for the new No Doubt album coming out, I am such a child of the 90s.^_^)
    Those polka dotted shorts are so cute, I'll have to look harder for them the next time I go! The last time I was in, they had shorts with little white sailboats on them! Ooooh, those were hard to put back...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Old Navy shorts but I think the Nantucket shorts are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went sort of crazy with printed shorts this summer. All from Target though; they've actually got a pair similar to the Old Navy ones in color and print. I own those, a Pucci-esque print and a navy gingham pair. So, yes, love printed shorts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loooove patterned shorts, and I really want to add a few more pairs to my wardrobe. I especially love those ON polka dots ones :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!