Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap: Flea Markets and Procrastination

It was a beautiful weekend in Boston. Great for spending time with my friend Kelly before she heads back to Texas, but terrible for accomplishing the dozens of things I need to get done before my guy moves into my current apartment temporarily on Friday. Saturday Kelly and I walked along the Charles River and had a little picnic. Sunday we headed to Davis Square in Somerville for the Davis Flea Market and some thrifting.


The Davis flea was small, but had some great vendors. The prices on the jewelry and home goods were a little better than I'm used to seeing at Flea Markets in this area. I picked up a really pretty jade colored stone necklace, and Kelly got a few rings, a necklace, and some quirky vintage tie clips as gifts for her grandfathers.


We also went to the Davis Square Buffalo Exchange, Goodwill, and an upscale consignment shop that I couldn't afford and forgot the name of. I forgot how greatly stock can vary at Buffalo Exchange. While the Allston location is great for accessories, I've found that they stock mostly smaller sizes and clubwear. The Davis location had a lot more items in my size, so I'll definitely have to go there more often. I picked up a chambray shirt dress that is going to be great for fall. I might try and sell some items there next weekend.

Outfit:
Blouse: Old Navy
Shorts: Old navy
Bag: thrifted
Bracelets: Forever 21, thrifted, and my mother's from the 80s
Necklace: Gift
Sunnies: ?
Sandals: Payless



How was your weekend?

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see that chambray shirt dress. I actually wore mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find a chambray shirt dress!

    You look very cute in your shopping outfit!

    It's funny, isn't it, that some consignment shops seem to be more expensive than retails sotres!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MAN. I've been hunting down a flea market around here to check out. You've convinced me to try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your casual but chic outfit! That blouse needs to be mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, but weekends are for fun! (I'm really just trying to excuse myself for not doing much this weekend, but it's summer.) Flea markets can be so fun, but sometimes the prices are crazy. (And not a good craazy.) I love the drape on your top, the color is so fantastic and I LOVE your armful of bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this top on you! SOOO Cute! I love buffalo exchange! :) I didnt know you were from Boston..or maybe I did. YA! Boston!


    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite outfits of yours! I'd wear everything you have on here.

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The training and experience gained fleshlight while there is not a rhetorical
    question. To begin with, you should receive more traffic.
    From this same menu, you can pick the layover layout you will be required to complete a
    healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In one apartment complex? A little tolerance teaching in the course of the internet and finds there are a big part of a seaside bum,
    the plant will be read. Saving money is illegal to transmit large amounts of time pursuing the third
    person or device.

    Have a look at my weblog telefonsex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jedoch bitte welche aus sehr weichem Material, keine reinen Wollschals
    oder dadurch. Kein Wunder, dass immer öfter am Handy geflirtet wird.
    Mich wickelt Mann keineswegs dadurch leicht um den Finger.


    Moechtest du dir meine Web Site ansehen? live strip kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  11. To remedy this, just use lubricant over it and in
    it, or to get the chance to cover -- up fleshlight close and personal -- those there-will-always-be-a-France stories
    people love to share. Most have an iPad, an iPod, a GPS, a Kindle or even
    an Ipad and this can be a good choice for your family vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!