Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feeling a Little HOT Pink

Here's some neon/ hot pink that I wore on a very hot Monday. 



My mom was married to a military man for most of my childhood, so we moved around a lot. As a result I spent most of my life in South Texas (on the Gulf) and in Southern Maryland. I'm no stranger to heat and humidity...so you'd think I could hack a New England heat wave, right? WRONG! There are several things that I deem essential to summer that are missing here. 1. Air Conditioning- I live in a 3rd floor walk up with absolutely no AC, not even window units! 2. Ceiling fans. Until I moved to Boston I'd never had a bedroom without a ceiling fan! 4. Swimming. There aren't a lot of places to swim in Boston. No one I know has access to a pool, and the city beaches are mostly icky. 


Long story short, I have been miserable the past few days. I didn't get a blog post up yesterday because it was so hot in my apartment I didn't want to turn my laptop on! Also the shininess I have in this picture probably isn't from my bronzer. I was sweating before I even walked out the door. 
Outfit:
Neon Top: Old Navy
Skirt: old from Marshall's or TJ Maxx  
Sandals: Payless
Necklace and earrings: H&M
Belt: thrifted at Buffalo Exchange


11 comments:

  1. Ahh....I can relate to your misery. I'm thankful we have air....but we did go a day without it due to a number of weather related outages....misery. But you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even imagine how hot you must be today! This is when it's a good idea to go to the mall...free AC! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time. The mall and the movies:)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, it must be so hard living without a/c! Your hot pink tee is so girly and fun!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sucks! hopefully you will get some reprieve! you look darling, though...and you don't look sweaty, just super-model natural dewey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great despite the heat! I can't imagine how it must feel right now!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright pink and the skirt is so adorable.
    I don't complain about the heat. In a few weeks it will be gone and I'll miss it.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you don't have AC. Third floor anything without AC is just miserable. You look cute in this outfit though- even if you are sweating!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this combonation of the bright neon pink and the navy! It looks like such an effortless summer outfit. That's summer a bummer about not having any AC, we get really dry heat during the summer and it's awful without ac. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you still managed to look beautiful despite being miserable in the heat! Love that bright pink top on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!