Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Little Magic

I thought about complaining about the MBTA in this post, or about the heat... again. But who wants to hear me whine all the time? This outfit is from Tuesday, which was kind of a lame day, so instead I'll tell you about the awesome evening I had Monday.

After work I met up with my friend, Kelly, for some food in Chinatown. Then we met my friend, Michael, in the lovely frigid movie theater to see Magic Mike! It was two campy hours of butts, abs, and Matthew McConaughey being himself. He played the bongos and said "alright, alright, alright" about 10 times. I had a serious case of the giggles the entire movie. Because, seriously, what is more funny than a male stripper that just wants to design custom furniture?


This dress kept me cool and comfortable through the bad day I had on Tuesday. You may recognize it from here. I have to say, I like it better sans layers and tights. I think I have worn these sandals every day for a week, but I don't care because they're comfortable and I'm allowed to wear them to work.


Oh, you know. Just talking to my cat. These days he likes to lay under the tripod while I take pictures.

Outfit: 
Dress: Forever21+ last year
Belt: Target clearance
Sandals: Payless

Seen any good movies lately?

12 comments:

  1. I love this dress! The colors and print are so cute. I am dying to see Magic Mike, mmm Channing Tatum! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. The print of that dress is really rad--I'm surprised I haven't seen that dress on someone somewhere before. (: As for movies, I'm really, really bad about seeing movies so I should be asking YOU for recommendations, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have an endless supply of adorable summer dresses!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty pictures! Just found your blog and so glad, now following you :)

    xo,
    Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Magic Mike last Friday, and I couldn't stop laughing when they were dancing. Guess I would be really awkward at a strip club ;)

    I love the print on this dress, so colorful and quirky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I would be so awkward at a strip club.

      Delete
  6. Oooh, this dress was meant to be worn with sandels, they really let the interesting design of the dress stand out. (But I bet it would look amazing with a blazer when it starts getting colder, I think the sharp lines of the dress would work really well with anything cleancut or simple.) I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd feel so so silly watching it! (You just can't take male strippers serious.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt totally silly watching it, but enjoyed it none the less:)

      Delete
  7. Such a cute dress on you! I like it with the sandals!

    Il be the firs to admit I only want to see "Magic Mike" cause of Chatum Tanning...he's HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't do it for me. Too beefy, but boy can dance!

      Delete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!