Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday's Five Facts: Family 7/27

Now that I'm a little over six months into this fashion blogger journey I've been thinking a lot about what I'd still like to achieve with this blog . One of the things that I think I need to work on is injecting a few more personal touches/ pieces of my personality into the blog. So I'm starting a new (hopefully weekly) feature called "Friday's Five Facts". Each Friday I'll include some photos and five things you might not know about me. I'll focus each week around a theme. This week I'm going to focus on my family.

 1. I have a sister, Sierra, who is 8 1/2 years younger than me. Since I used to change her diapers and rock her to sleep at night I am in complete denial about the fact that she turns17 in September. I seriously can't believe that she's a full fledged teenager now and will be graduating high-school in less than two years!

At the beach in summer 2008

Christmas morning 2011
2. My mom is awesome. She had me when she was really young and was a single mom for the earlier part of my childhood. She is a single mom again now and I admire how hard she works to make a great life for her and my sister.

Mom and I, Christmas 1992. Check out our awesome early 90s style.
At my college graduation in 2009.
3. I am incredibly close with my grandmother. She is an amazing hardworking and nurturing person, and the first person I call if I'm having a really bad or really good day. 

4. My biggest regret of my 20s (thus far) is not spending enough time with my family. They live in the Columbus Ohio area and it's just so hard/ expensive to get out there more than once a year.

L to R Mom, Aunt, Grandmother, Sister and Me at my College in 2009
5. My bff, Katy, is awesome. Sometimes I can't believe we've only known eachother for a little over three years, because she seriously feels like family.  She lives all the way on the other side of the country, near L.A., and I miss her like crazy. Her birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday boo!

Katy and I on Halloween 2009 I'm wearing a peacock burlesque outfit and she's dressed as "Don't ask, Don't tell"
 Let me know what you think of the new feature, or if there are any topics you'd like me to cover. Have a great weekend!








11 comments:

  1. it's definitely fun getting to know you a little better! my parents live over 1,000 miles away from me and i only get to see them 1-2 times a year too, so i know how difficult that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard! I think it would be easier if my sister weren't growing up so fast.

      Delete
  2. I love this new feature... :). I different blog posts on Fridays, it gives me another reason to look forward to them! :) Id be interested to know what are you doing out here in Boston if your family is not from here?! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Maybe next week I'll focus on places I've lived :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE this, can't wait for every Friday now. I love how close to your family you are and I know it can be hard with family so far away. I have relatives (including my grandma) that live in Taiwan and I don't get to see for YEARS, but I'm so grateful that the majority of my close family members live nearby. Have a great weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it:) I'm definitely accustomed to being far from my extended family, but being far from my mom and sister kills me.

      Delete
  4. Great idea! :) I just started blogging at the end of March and lately I've been thinking about my goals and hopes for my lil blog too. Letting others get to know you a little better is a great start! Cute blog lady! :)
    xo, Kathryn Laine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this new feature! You and your family are beautiful! Thank you for sharing & I look forward to future "Fridays Five Facts"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sweet little feature! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea of a fun little feature every Friday! (And it's fun getting to learn some new things about you.) Your little sister has such a pretty smile, just like you. (We both have little sisters the same age!)
    It's hard having family that far away, how did you end up moving to Boston?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this feature idea! It's so great to get to know you better and family is really important to me too!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!