Friday, July 13, 2012

A Skirt and a MFAwesome Evening.

TGIF y'all! This has been a really busy week at work and after work for me, so I'm really happy it's over.

OUTFIT- Skirt: Old Navy; Blouse: H&M; Cardi: Target (very old) Sandals: Payless


Wednesday after work I headed to the Museum of Fine Arts for a community building event with GLOW members, Ignite Change finalists, and their friends/ family. It was so fun to picnic and visit the museum with an inspiring group of young women.

The group of teens and women that came out for some museum fun.
The MFA is one of my favorite places in Boston. They always have exciting exhibits, and their collection is fantastic. Renoir, Degas, a statue that looks like a giant cheese grater... what more could you ask for? The best part? It's free every Wednesday after 4pm, and always free for children under 17. We had a lot of fun and even snapped some silly pictures with the art.

Lion Faces!
Special thanks to A.C. Gaughen for snapping these great pics with her phone and tweeting them for me to share. A.C. is an up and coming young adult author and one of the founders of Boston GLOW, so y'all should check her out.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I've only been to the MFA once, but it was during the year when they had the gingerbread house exibit, which was awesome. Have a great weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gingerbread exhibit sounds amazing. I'm bummed I missed that one!

      Delete
  2. I love all of the awesome things you are involved in! So cool :) I hope you have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Boston once and it was fab! I can't wait to go back and visit. Cute post (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Boston is a great city to live in and to visit.

      Delete
  4. The MFA is one of my favorite spots in the city too. Looks like you ladies had a blast!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always so cool to hear about the groups and projects that you're involved in, this looked like it was a really fun night. (I wish we had something like the MFA up here, Fairbanks doesn't have too much to offer by way of that.)

    This outfit you wore is so adorable! I'd been eyeing that skirt at Old Navy, but just couldn't pull the trigger. It looks amazing on you and works so well with your lace top. (You weren't kidding when you said that you were going to get alot of wear out of this blouse!) The blazer and the sandels are the perfect finishing touchs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! Youre so active and engaged in your community. Its inspiring me to give back alittle more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved here without knowing anyone so being active has helped me make friends and feel integrated into the community.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a great time at the MFA! Love your skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I love new followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that blue skirt, nice blog
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!