Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weekly Wishlist: Rompin Around

About two weeks ago I tried on a romper at Forever 21 as a joke. Much to my shock and dismay I actually liked it. I probably would have purchased it if it had not been strapless (I was worried about my girls falling out). I like the idea of a romper in theory. One piece, comfortable and effortless... like a sundress but without the need for precautions against the dreaded chub-rub.

Still I was  hesitant/ filled with self doubt. The last time I wore a romper was when scrunchies were still cool. Can I really pull one off? Then I saw this romper on GabiFresh (seriously how cute is she!?!) and I decided I have to add at least one romper to my wardrobe.

image via forever21.com
 Y'all know how I feel about polka dots. This romper is my favorite choice. I will probably order it on payday. I like that it has sleeves and is super colorful. Available in sizes XL-2X.

image via torrid.com
Leopard, sweatheart neckline, awesome. Love this romper, HATE the price. The only clothing items I'll pay more than $100 for are winter coats and leather boots Please let me know if you've seen a more reasonably priced alternative. Available in sizes 12-24.

image via target.com
This Target romper is available in a few different prints and colors. I like the floral print, and the ruffle is fun.
Available in sizes XS-XL.

image via uniquevintage.com
This romper has an adorable vintage feel. I'd love to have it to wear to a 4th of July party, but it's also a little over priced. Available in sizes XS-XL.

What are your thoughts on rompers? 

3 comments:

  1. I hate the chub rub! I pretty much give up dresses in the summer because of it, spanx are much to hot in the heat. What do you use, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rompers, they are so cute! But fit can be so tricky, I have such a short torso, the waist on rompers ends up on my hips. :) That siad, if they fit right, they can look so flattering. I think the romper from F21 is the cutest of all of them, I love that print and the fact that it has little sleeves. (Yikes, that Torrid one seems a little over priced for them. The print is really cute though.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan. I guess they look cute enough but you have to get completely undressed to go to the bathroom! Not cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!