Friday, May 18, 2012

Made Up

I didn't get a chance to write an outfit post last night because I was too enthralled with the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and with a special on TLC called "Obese and Expecting". I know, I know. I like bad TV. You can judge me if you want to. Anyways, I thought I'd do something a little different today and post about my other love- make up.

I love make up. I have never considered putting my make up on a chore. In fact, it's my favorite 5-10 minutes of my morning. I consider it my me time. Here are the products I'm using most right now:



First, I cover my blemishes and dark circles with boiing concealer. I also use it on my eyelids as an eyeshadow base/ to lighten up my eyes. This concealer changed my life, and I'm not being over dramatic by saying that! I have really dark under eye circles and I looked for something to cover them for years. Finally I found boiing, and I've never looked back since. It's well worth the $19, especially since it lasts me about tusix months. Boiing is available anywhere Benefit is sold. I usually buy mine at Macy's because it's more convenient than Sephora. 




Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30- $13.99 at Ulta

Next I use a loose powder foundation. I've tried a lot in my day, but my current favorite is Physician's Formula Airbrushing powder. I love that it has SPF 30 and evens my skin tone without covering up my freckles. However, I don't use the brush it came with because it was scratchy on my face.  One of these usually lasts me about 6 months and I buy it at CVS.



One thing I don't like to spend a ton of money on is blush/ bronzer. This creamy stick does the job and doubles as a shimmer lip color.


My college roommate/ bff introduced me to Urban Decay eyeshadow. I'm obsessed. They're so expensive, but the quality is amazing. They actually stay on my face all day! Lately I've been keeping it neutral and using the Naked1 pallet my mom got me for Christmas. Sin, half baked, smog and hustle are my favorite colors for day to day wear. 


I've been using this Stila mascara for a few years. I panicked when Sephora stopped carrying it because I thought it had been discontinued. Luckily it is still available at Ulta and Macy's. It's just as cheap as the drug store brands, but has a little more staying power. I also like the smaller brush. Plus, I'm a contact lense wearer and it never irritates my contacts!

Add some chapstick, and that's it. I try to keep it simple. I can usually do my makeup in 5 minutes, closer to 10 if I'm doing more elaborate eye shadow, or if I have a lot of stubborn blemishes. Here's a little cellphone before and after for you:


Before

After




















Pretty subtle eh? What's your makeup routine like? Any products you can't live without?

5 comments:

  1. I love Urban Decay and I have the Naked eyeshadow pallet. My favs are the same as yours, although I have been thinking about going to Sephora and asking them to show me what colors to experiment with. I use Napolien (sp?) foundation as I am pale and this matches the best. I use Nars blush (orgasm or deep throat) depending on the day. I use Clinique lipsticks, mascara and eye shadows when I am not using Urban Decay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite entries you've written thus far (it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm quasi make-up obsessed, or that you gave me a shout out in the Urban Decay portion, teehee)! Love you AND your bloggity blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he. Thought you might appreciate the shout out:)

      Delete
  3. Yay for makeup! I have a really quick morning process, but I hate it. However, I have such bad skin that going natural isn't an option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post, I always love getting makeup tips, since I'm pretty clueless about it! that concealer looks amazing, I've been searching for a good one. (I have very fickle skin and I finally found a good foundation, the revlon photoready foam stuff, it goes on so nicely and your skin looks dewy afterwords.) I've hear good things about that eyeshadow, thanks for the reveiw on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!