Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthday/ Derby/ Cinco de Mayo

Saturday night I met up with my guy for a delicious sushi dinner. Then we met up with some friends at Kingston Station for some delicious cocktails and truffle fries to celebrate my 25th and his 26th (his birthday is May 3rd). I asked people to wear their spring finery, since it was Derby day after all.


I had a wonderful birthday. I got a lot of cash, which I plan on spending on a bike and some apartment items. My guy got me a  really awesome book of Degas's nude drawings from an exhibit we saw at the MFA a few months ago.

I purchased this dress at H&M back in March, but it hasn't made an appearance on the blog yet. I love the print and the style, at $30 I couldn't pass it up. I know it's going to be a godsend on those really humid, hot summer days. It's long enough for work and has a fairly modest, sleeveless neckline.
Outfit:
Dress/belt: H&M
Denim Jacket: JCrew (thirfted at Goodwill for $5!)
Shoes: Payless
Hat: Target
Necklace (worn as bracelet): thrifted



6 comments:

  1. Love it! You look ready to go to the Kentucky Derby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damnnnnnn gurl lol
    You got some great gams!!
    I'd kill for your calves..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print on this dress! It's going to be perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, happy birthday! (It sounds like it was pretty fun!)
    I so like this outfit, it is a summer outfit at it's best! It is so fun finding nice clothes at the thrift shop, that j.crew jean jacket was such a steal for $5.00! And I swear, you find the best stuff at h&m, the print on this dress is so pretty, you are making me wish we had an h&m up here so much.
    I do have to agree with annyomous, you really do have fantastic legs, they were made for wearing dresses and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, happy birthday to you and your boyfriend. what a great dress to celebrate in - i love how you styled it with the jean jacket. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!