Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Vacation Style

One side effect of moving and travelling lots over the past three years is that I have learned to pack a lot of stuff into a small space. Summer trips are especially easy to pack for because summer clothes don't take up a lot of room. I managed to fit 3 swimsuits, 2 pairs of shorts, 5 shirts, 5 dresses, 3 belts plus under garments, sleepwear and a beach towel into a carry on sized suitcase. 

I never take enough pictures when I'm on vacation. I left my camera at the hotel a few times, and forgot to take pictures other times. As a result, I only got a few outfit photos and none of them captured the jean shorts and tshirts I was wearing 60% of the time. What I did capture were the sundresses I wore on the nights we went out for a nice dinner. 

Outfit: Dress-Old Navy; Sandals-b.o.c.

This picture is from the first night of our vacation. We met Mike's uncle for dinner after taking a little walk around the Westport, CT waterfront. Unfortunately, our time in Westport was mostly rainy. Between storms we managed to get in a short beach day at Sherwood Island, enjoy a barbecue with some of Mike's family and play some evening mini-golf on the Norwalk waterfront.

Outfit: Dress and Belt- H&M; Sandals- Payless
Thankfully, our time in the Mystic, CT area was storm free. We were able to enjoy a nice day at the aquarium, some Mystic Pizza, and a day at Napatree Point Beach in Westerly,RI. This picture is from our last night when we went for a walk along the Mystic waterfront before meeting Mike's friend for dinner. 


We had a great vacation full of sand, sun, seafood and ice cream! As much as I would have liked a few more days, it was nice to get back and sleep in my own bed. I'll share some beach/ bikini photos with you next week!


15 comments:

  1. Aw adorable! I love the second dress. I have heard that Mystic CT is a really fun time. :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystic is lots of fun. I wish I'd spent more time there and can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  2. Sounds & looks like you had a great time. Love your pretty sundresses - they're perfect for a vacation!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay so glad you had a nice vacation! Your white sunnies are super cute.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're actually cream with white polka dots:)

      Delete
  4. That gingham dress is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your sundresses. Perfect for a fun, albeit sometimes rainy, vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your dresses are adorable! I'm sorry you had rain on your vacation but at least you got some sunny days in there!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my group giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainy days aren't so bad when you can spend them at the movies or in a museum. We still had fun:)

      Delete
  7. Thanks. They're actually cream with black polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both lovely dresses. Don't you just love a good summer dress?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this second dress, it is such a perfect vacation/summer dress! (Love the pattern and the shape, it's so lovely.) And of course the red gingham dress is stunning on you! It really sounded like a fun time away as well, it's always so nice to get away for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gingham dress in the first pic, so cute!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so lovely in your dresses especially the H&M dress. Im glad you had a good time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!