Monday, June 10, 2013

Cape Cod Getaway Weekend - Part 1

For my birthday last month, Mike bought us two nights at By the Sea Guests in Dennis Port, MA on Cape Cod. I have been looking forward to this trip for a month, and it did not disappoint! I had such a fantastic weekend that you're going to get two posts about it. I've gotta warn you, if you don't like pictures of seafood, the beach, min golf or maxi dresses, you might be bored.


The weekend got off to a rough start. It was chilly and pouring rain when we picked up our zipcar. Between the rain and the rush hour traffic it took us an hour just to get out of the city, and another two to get to the Cape. When we finally arrived we rewarded ourselves with a pile of fried seafood and some chowder from Kream n Kone and then settled down in front of the gas stove in our suite for an evening of HBO and wine.

In the morning the rain was gone, but the skies were still gray. Thankfully, by the time we went to the market and made lunch the sun started to peak out from behind the clouds. After a delicious lunch on the porch, I spent the afternoon drinking moscato, reading a book, and lounging in the sun on the B&B's private beach.




Outfit: Dress- Old Navy; Cardigan and Sunnies- Target; necklace- ? 
There's something so perfect about wearing a breezy maxi dress on the beach. It was perfect for both the chilly morning and the warm breezy afternoon. However, I probably shouldn't have taken my cardigan off and hiked up my maxi dress without applying sunscreen. I now look like the lobster that was in the bisque I had with dinner Saturday night!

Tune in tomorrow for mini golf pics, and another maxi dress :)






4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love the Cape. We were there this past weekend too (in mashpee). Wasn't it crazy windy on saturday!? LOVE your maxi dress and those colorful sunnies. You look so pretty. Yay for a great weekend!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the weather turned around - saturday and sunday were just gorgeous! But yeah, that drive on friday was murder.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weekend getaways! You and your beau look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts!